WARNING: RISK FOR SERIOUS HYPERSENSITIVITY/ANAPHYLAXIS REACTIONS
Fatal and serious hypersensitivity reactions including anaphylaxis have occurred in patients receiving Feraheme. Initial symptoms may include hypotension, syncope, unresponsiveness, cardiac/cardiorespiratory arrest.
AMAG Assist™In our ongoing commitment to patients, AMAG Pharmaceuticals®, Inc. has established AMAG Assist, a comprehensive access support program. To contact AMAG Assist, please contact: 844-635-AMAG
Financial and Prescription Support
- Patient benefits investigation and appeals support: Verify patient-specific health insurance coverage for Feraheme. Follow up with payers to ensure timely response to benefits verification, support and educate on the pharmacy triage, prior authorization, and appeals process, if applicable
- Alternate funding research for patients: Provide information on other sources of drug coverage or cost-share assistance for Feraheme for patients who are underinsured and unable to afford the out-of-pocket cost requirements of their health insurance
- Coding and Billing Information: Provide information about coding, prior authorization process (if applicable), and patient cost-share responsibilities to facilitate appropriate reimbursement for Feraheme
Patient assistance program*If patients are uninsured or underinsured and no other source of drug coverage can be identified, they may be eligible to participate in the Patient Assistance Program for Feraheme. Free product may be available for patients who qualify, following these steps:
- Enrollment process: Patients apply to the program through their healthcare provider. The physician’s office completes and submits a patient enrollment form with income documentation and health insurance information
- Enrollment assessment: The Patient Assistance Program calls the physician’s office to advise regarding patient eligibility, normally within 24 hours of receiving a completed application and supporting documentation. The program also sends a follow-up letter to the patient and physician
- Delivery coordination: The Patient Assistance Program contacts the physician’s office of the eligible patient to schedule shipment of Feraheme. Once the program receives a copy of the physician’s state license with valid expiration date, Feraheme is shipped directly to the physician’s office
WARNING: RISK FOR SERIOUS HYPERSENSITIVITY/ANAPHYLAXIS REACTIONSFatal and serious hypersensitivity reactions including anaphylaxis have occurred in patients receiving Feraheme. Initial symptoms may include hypotension, syncope, unresponsiveness, cardiac/cardiorespiratory arrest.
- Only administer Feraheme as an intravenous infusion over at least 15 minutes and only when personnel and therapies are immediately available for the treatment of anaphylaxis and other hypersensitivity reactions.
- Observe for signs or symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions during and for at least 30 minutes following Feraheme infusion including monitoring of blood pressure and pulse during and after Feraheme administration.
- Hypersensitivity reactions have occurred in patients in whom a previous Feraheme dose was tolerated.
Feraheme is indicated for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia (IDA) in adult patients:
- who have intolerance to oral iron or have had unsatisfactory response to oral iron or
- who have chronic kidney disease (CKD).